Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chock full of delicious blueberries, these beautiful and nutritious muffins are perfect for a special breakfast. They use honey as sweetener, not sugar, and are made with whole wheat flour. Enjoy! Original recipe courtesy of Mrs. Beejee Herr -- I've made some changes and now can call them my own :-)
- 1 1⁄3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, do not defrost before baking)
- Combine dry ingredients (oats through nutmeg): reserve a few tablespoons of mixture to toss with blueberries.
- Beat together eggs, milk, honey, and oil.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Toss reserved dry mixture with blueberries; fold into batter just until combined.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins and bake at 400 for 20 minutes; when done, run a knife around muffins and remove from pans to cool on wire rack.
I may have missed somethinb, but I did everything by the book. I think there is too much flour in here and definately not enough sugar. But we consumed them nevertheless, probably won' t make it again.
these are good but i didnt use whole wheat flour cause i have little bricks when i bake thata way lol thank you for posting dee