Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
The secret to these muffins is the finely chopped blueberries added to the batter in addition to whole blueberries. These are very dense muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 large muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Place 1 cup of the blueberries in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse several times until coarsely chopped. Stir the chopped berries into the egg mixture.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until the dry ingredients are moist and blended. Do not overmix. Fold in the remaining 1 1/2 cups whole blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan with a large ice cream scoop (one-third cup scoop). The batter will come to the top of the paper liner or pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Turn the muffins out of the pan and serve immediately.
I had only a pan of large muffin (6). So I used it and used a pan for mini muffin tops and also I small loaf pan. For the mini muffin tops, I baked them 25 minutes. For the others, I added 5 minutes (total 30 minutes). I used only 1/2 cup sugar. That's perfect. They have a great taste. But even though I like cinnamon, I may use only 1/2 tsp next time. Thanks Swissms :) Made for PRMR tag game