1/1 Photo of Very Blueberry Muffins
The secret to these muffins is the finely chopped blueberries added to the batter in addition to whole blueberries. These are very dense muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 large muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon with a whisk.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well combined.
- 4Place 1 cup of the blueberries in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse several times until coarsely chopped. Stir the chopped berries into the egg mixture.
- 5Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until the dry ingredients are moist and blended. Do not overmix. Fold in the remaining 1 1/2 cups whole blueberries.
- 6Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan with a large ice cream scoop (one-third cup scoop). The batter will come to the top of the paper liner or pan.
- 7Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Turn the muffins out of the pan and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 184.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g