1/2 Photos of Very Blueberry Cake
1 hr 15 mins
From Taste of Home Magazine, August/September 1997. This is called a cake but is not tall and looks more like a danish to me because it is cooked in a 15x10x1-inch pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml quick-cooking tapioca
- 946.36 ml fresh blueberries, divided (you may also use frozen blueberries)
- 4.92 ml grated lemon peel
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- 2Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 3Add extracts.
- 4Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 5Spread two-thirds of the batter in a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 6For filling, combine flour, cornstarch and tapioca in a large bowl.
- 7Add 1/2 cup of blueberries; mash with a fork and stir well.
- 8Add lemon peel and remaining berries; toss to coat.
- 9Pour evenly over batter in pan.
- 10Drop remaining batter by rounded tablespoonfuls over filling.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Blueberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.1
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Sodium 66.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g