Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Meatloaf recipe adapted from Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- Heat oil and cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute more; set aside.
- Combine milk, egg, and ketchup. Stir in bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Crumble in meats and add onion mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Freeze meat into loaves, using foil and plastic wrap method.
- On serving day, thaw loaf and place in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- If desired poor 1/2 cup ketchup mixed with brown sugar over meatloaf during the last half hour of baking.
Thank you! This was a huge hit with me and I will definitely make it again, I added the ketchup not the brown sugar.
Thank you for posting this! I LOVE that book and the meatloaf is my favorite! Sadly I don't have the book on hand at the moment and am making meatloaf. Though I always make it as written, an adaption will work just as well right now. You're a life saver! :)
Delicious! This is my favorite meatloaf recipe.