Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my most requested items when I'm coming to a potluck. It makes a beautiful presentation and has delicious sweet but light flavor. If I have enough time I sprinkle the fruit with some Splenda a few hours before prep time to sweeten them up some if needed.
- 1 store bought angel food cake
- 1 (1 ounce) boxcheesecake flavored pudding, prepared with skim milk (I use instant pudding for ease, but either works- as long as you allow time for cooked pudding to co)
- 8 ounces fat-free whipped topping
- 1 (16 ounce) container strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 pint blueberries
- 1⁄2 pint blackberry
- Ready a deep clear glass bowl (trifle dish if you have one!).
- Cut cake into chunks, approx 1 1/2" cubes (no need for perfection though!).
- Layer 1/2 the cake chunks on bottom half of bowl, spreading out as much as possible.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the strawberries, blueberries and blackberries (set aside one of each berry as garnish if you'd like) over the cake layer. Strategically place a few against the glass for prettier presentation.
- Pour 1/2 pudding over previous layers, trying to cover or 'seal in' the cake and berries.
- Repeat steps 3-5.
- For top layer, spread whipped topping over previous layers.
- Garnish with remaining berries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
I actually ended up using 1 1/2 angel food cakes for this, added no extra sweetener and let is set in the fridge for a few hours before serving. It was absolutely yummy and my family all came back for healthified seconds. ;) Thanks for posting this. I will definitely make this again.
I made this for the 4th of July and it was an absolute hit! It was the only thing that completely went (and there were a lot of other good looking desserts there too) and I received many compliments. I omitted the blackberries and used whole milk for the pudding. Thanks for posting such an easy and delicious dessert! I'm submitting a pic as well...