Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- 2 cups crumbled coconut macaroons (about 8)
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered, blanched, toasted* (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F Spray two 8-inch round baking pans with no-stick cooking spray. Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and egg whites in a large bowl on low speed for 1 minute; beat on medium speed 2 minutes more, scraping bowl occasionally (or beat 2 minutes by hand, using a wire whisk.) Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Run knife around inside of pan before removing. Cool completely in wire rack.
- MAKE pudding according to package directions. Cut cooled cakes horizontally in half. Spread each lower half with half of the preserves; replace top. Cut filled cakes into bite-sized pieces; place pieces from one cake randomly into bottom of 14-cup trifle or glass bowl.
- SPRINKLE with half of macaroons. Spread half of pudding over macaroons. Top with half of berries and whipped topping. Repeat layers with remaining cake, macaroons, pudding and whipped topping; garnish with remaining berries and almonds, if desired.
- *To toast nuts: Place almonds in a dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat until lightly browned.