Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A cobbler that is as easy as it gets, using frozen berries, canned apple pie filling and a topping of refrigerated sugar cookie dough. To make it the ultimate, serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 2 (12 ounce) bagsfrozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (18 ounce) packageprepared cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, mix berries, pie filling, sugar and cinnamon.
- Transfer fruit mixture to 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Crumble cookie dough over fruit, covering thickly and completely.
- Bake uncovered until cookie crust is golden and crisp and juices are bubbly, about 45 minutes.
Followed your recipe right on down, apple pie filling & all, for one of the tastiest, easily prepared desserts ever! Loved the sugar cookie crust, & I'll be making this satisfying cobbler again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
Wow, could not have been any easier to make! I had some homemade cookie dough in the fridge so I used that and it worked perfectly. I thought it was a very sweet dessert, so a small amount is all I needed :) Made for Think Pink 2010.
Yum. Used peach pie filling.