Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The secret to a thick and frosty smoothie is to use nearly frozen fruits and juice. Rich in flavor and loaded with vitamins, this restorative drink could be "brunch on the run." If calories matter, substitute nonfat yogurt for the low-fat yogurt and a sugar substitute for the honey. If you like, use 4 perfect blackberries in place of the strawberries for garnish.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, well chilled
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, well chilled
- 1 pint frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt, well chilled
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice, well chilled
- 2 tablespoons honey (to taste)
- Set aside 4 perfect strawberries for garnish. Working in batches, in a blender, combine the remaining strawberries, the blueberries, raspberries, yogurt, cranberry juice and honey. Blend at high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into chilled tall glasses and garnish with the reserved strawberries. Serve immediately.