Recipe by lauralie41
JustBerryRecipes.com has many great sounding recipes. This salsa is one that I would like to try soon with grilled chicken breast.
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
The flavor is awesome! I used Splenda as a substitute for sugar and omitted the black pepper...all personal preferences. This was a tasty and unusual treat! Prepared as a participant in the Feb 2010 Aus/NZ Swap #37.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (Blueberry, raspberry or Lemon Juice)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- hot pepper sauce, To Taste
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, Sliced or Slivered and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the berries and than let dry on paper towels. Discard any berries that are not edible, hull the strawberries, and than slice strawberries in quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, sugar, onion, vinegar, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Mix well and place in refrigerator for at least one hour. Before serving, stir in the almonds. Serve over fruit sorbet, poultry, or pork.