Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
JustBerryRecipes.com has many great sounding recipes. This salsa is one that I would like to try soon with grilled chicken breast.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (Blueberry, raspberry or Lemon Juice)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- hot pepper sauce, To Taste
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, Sliced or Slivered and toasted
- Rinse the berries and than let dry on paper towels. Discard any berries that are not edible, hull the strawberries, and than slice strawberries in quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, sugar, onion, vinegar, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Mix well and place in refrigerator for at least one hour. Before serving, stir in the almonds. Serve over fruit sorbet, poultry, or pork.
The flavor is awesome! I used Splenda as a substitute for sugar and omitted the black pepper...all personal preferences. This was a tasty and unusual treat! Prepared as a participant in the Feb 2010 Aus/NZ Swap #37.
LOVE THIS SALSA! I made it to serve with baked chicken breasts, & then also had it with grilled burgers ~ OUTSTANDING! Used just a dash of the hot pepper sauce in this, but everything else was right up there! Am intrigued with Baby Kato's using blackberries instead of the blue & will have to try that another time! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
This salsa was excellant, I served it with roasted chicken. It was pretty and very flavorful. I used blackberries instead of blueberries because I was out, raspberry balsamic vinegar and habanero hot sauce. I really enjoyed all the different intense flavours and the subtle textures offered in this salsa. Thanks for sharing.