Recipe by LilPinkieJ
Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries... Oh MY! I made this recipe when the wild raspberries were everywhere at our cottage. I have made them with each type of berry you can think of. I've also subbed the oil for applesauce, which goes quite well with strawberries. I'm making myself hungry just typing this now. :) Please let me know how many muffins this yielded for you. I have the jumbo cups and it turns out different every time.
Top Review by bmcnichol
These were really good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used canola oil instead of vegetable as that is all I had. I did double the recipe but was shy about a 1/2 cup of raspberries. I cooked mine for 15 minutes at 400 and they were perfect. Everyone loved them.
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raspberries, washed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 -4 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and cut up
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in milk, egg, and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in berries.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Combine topping ingredients till crumbly. Sprinkle some topping over the muffin cups.
- Bake at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes.