Recipe by quirkycook
The original recipe used frozen raspberries, but I had a berry mix of raspberries, cherries, blueberries, and blackberries on my hands. The result was very tasty! I made these for a light brunch on Thanksgiving day.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 3⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups.
- For crumb topping, combine 1/4 cup flour and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1/4 cup flour.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon peel in a medium bowl. Combine milk, melted butter and egg. Mix well.
- Toss berries with 1/4 cup flour until coated.
- Add berries to muffin mixture.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins until 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 2 minutes then remove to wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.