1/5 Photos of Very Berry Muffins
The original recipe used frozen raspberries, but I had a berry mix of raspberries, cherries, blueberries, and blackberries on my hands. The result was very tasty! I made these for a light brunch on Thanksgiving day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 12 muffin cups.
- 3For crumb topping, combine 1/4 cup flour and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- 4Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 5Set aside 1/4 cup flour.
- 6Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon peel in a medium bowl. Combine milk, melted butter and egg. Mix well.
- 7Toss berries with 1/4 cup flour until coated.
- 8Add berries to muffin mixture.
- 9Spoon batter into muffin tins until 3/4 full.
- 10Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- 11Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pan for 2 minutes then remove to wire rack.
- 13Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Berry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 286.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen mixed berries