Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very SPICY sweet goodness! Using a low sugar pectin.
- 3 lbs mixed berries (I used Organic frozen strawberries, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, and cranberries)
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper (I used 8 whole habanero`s, brain, n scorpion, You can use jalapeno for a calmer jam)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) packagelow sugar dry pectin (I used sure Jell no sugar needed pectin)
- Pulse slightly defrosted berries in a food processor leaving them chunkier. Place all except a cups worth.in a tall 8 quart stock pot. To the remained of berries add the chili`s leaving seeds if extra heat is wanted. Pluse till smooth. Combine , chili mixture, pectin, and lime juice .
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar all at once. Add butter to help prevent foaming.
- Return mixture to a rolling boil, That is when it doesn`t stop boiling while stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace.
- Place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes, adjusting processing time for elevation as necessary.
- Let rest for 12-24 hours.