Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Patricia Wells, copyright 2004. Saw this on a Barefoot Contessa show on the Food Network. The balsamic vinegar gives this dish such a lovely sweetness and tartness at the same time. Really delicious!
- Place 6 dessert glasses in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, vinegar and sugar.
- Stir gently.
- Cover securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Spoon the berries in chilled glasses.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
This worked out very well for my husband and I. Chris cut the fruit up (strawberries) and placed in a large bowl. Throughout the week we would take the amount we wanted and Chris would add Splenda to his and I would add the balsamic vinegar to my portion. We both got to enjoy the fruits of the season enhanced in our own special way.