Recipe by Manami
This recipe is courtesy of Patricia Wells, copyright 2004. Saw this on a Barefoot Contessa show on the Food Network. The balsamic vinegar gives this dish such a lovely sweetness and tartness at the same time. Really delicious!
Top Review by JCC
This worked out very well for my husband and I. Chris cut the fruit up (strawberries) and placed in a large bowl. Throughout the week we would take the amount we wanted and Chris would add Splenda to his and I would add the balsamic vinegar to my portion. We both got to enjoy the fruits of the season enhanced in our own special way.
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and halved
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- of fresh mint, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 6 dessert glasses in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, vinegar and sugar.
- Stir gently.
- Cover securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Spoon the berries in chilled glasses.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.