Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A delicious coffeecake from The Lodge at Vail, Vail, CO.
Top Review by Norine L.
Great recipe. I used fresh berries and peaches, greek yogurt and substituted applesauce instead of oil, and honey and stevia instead of white sugar. I actually cut the amount of honey versus sugar in half. Did the brown sugar over the top, no pecans. When I make it again, which I will, I think I can cut down even more on the sugar, it was a sweet, super moist cake. Husband loved it.
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed berries (blueberry, blackberry, and raspberry)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, add the first 3 ingredients; stir to combine and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the egg, milk, yogurt, oil, and vanilla; stir until blended.
- In another bowl, add in the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir to mix.
- Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in berries and pour into a greased 8X8 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved brown sugar-pecan topping and lightly press into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, cut into squares and serve.