Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Had a just blueberry version of these the day after Thanksgiving at my SIL's house. Any fresh or frozen berry can be used.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Unroll dough into four rectangles; firmly press perforations together to seal.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar; spread onto dough rectangles to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Top evenly with raspberries & blueberries. Bring opposite corners of rectangles together; press together to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 13 to 15 minute or until golden brown.
I loved this quick way to make blueberry cheese pastries. Using whipped cream cheese made it even easier. They're not as sweet as danishes, although adding sugar to the cream cheese helped sweeten the blueberries a little. I had some trouble getting the middle seam to stay closed but no trouble at all closing the top (used 16 blueberries in filling). In fact, it was fine having small openings to make the pretty colors visible.
I had trouble getting these to close properly. With the last ones I left them as rectangles & sealed the perforated edges then rolled them up. (used mixed berries) Made for 123 Hits
Quick, easy and tasty! Sort of tasted like a blueberry cheese danish. I think next time I make them I'll brush with a little beaten egg and sprinkle some sugar on them for visual appeal. Thanks for posting! Made for My-3-Chefs 2008 Game (I chose a blueberries theme).