Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
A recipe from Splenda. I wrote 9-12 muffins. Cause you'll have 12 small muffins or 9 larger muffins.
- Place oven rack in top 1/3 of oven.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Lightly spray liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Beat margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add Splenda and honey, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Fold in berries.
- Spoon batter evenly into paper lined muffin cups. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan immediately, and cool on wire rack.
My neighbor gave me some fresh blueberries, so I made these! So glad I did. DS ate all but 2 (out of 12), so I think he liked them. I liked that they weren't as sweet as other muffins I have made. I didn't have splenda, so I used sugar (gasp!). Also, I used butter instead of margarine. I added a bit of almond flavoring as well. These will be a definite make again recipe. Made for Holiday tag.
These were fantastic muffins! I have to admit I made a few changes, mostly to make them vegan. I used apple sauce and bicarb soda in place of the eggs and a vegan margarine. I also used regular sugar in place of the Splenda and honey (just over 1 cup) I used the vanilla extract but also popped in 1/2 tsp almond essence. Made for ZWT6 (Voracious Vagabonds)
ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING, DEFINITELY! I made the big muffins & they lasted no time at all! With one exception I followed the recipe ~ I used a very generous cup of fresh blueberries! Thank you so much for this WONDERFUL BREAKFAST TREAT! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]