Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love these! They're great for brunch, very impressive!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry, sliced
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites, milk, sugar and salt. Add flour; beat until smooth. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Heat an 8-inch skillet coated with nonstick spray over medium heat. For each blintz, pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet; turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until light brown; turn and brown other side. Cool on a wire rack. When completely cool, stack with paper towels between.
- For filling, beat ricotta, cream cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream, sugar, 1/2 TBS wheat germ and vanilla until well combined.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling onto each blintz, fold ends and sides over filling.
- Arrange blintzes, seam side down in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish; brush with melted butter.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
- Top each blintz with berries and a dollup of sour cream. Sprinkle with wheat germ.