Recipe by KLHquilts
I actually bought an ice cream maker to make mango sorbet ... but you don't need one. This is as basic and as easy a mango sorbet recipe as you'll find.
Top Review by megarachnid
I really liked this recipe. I wasn't sure whether 2lbs of mangoes meant 2 lbs whole or 2 lbs of flesh cut off the pit, so I used 2 lbs of flesh cut off the pit. I think I needed a tad more sugar, which I will add next time as the mangoes were not overly ripe. Thank you.
- 2 lbs mangoes, chopped (frozen is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice (fresh is best)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (super-fine is recommended)
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Make simple syrup: Add sugar to water in small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Raise heat and bring syrup to a boil; boil one minute, then remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Puree thawed mango and lime juice in a food processor.
- Stir simple syrup into mango puree. Refrigerate a few hours to be certain puree is cool.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for your ice cream maker at this point. If you don't have one, pour into a pan and put in freezer; pull out every hour and stir (for 3-4 hours).