Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love how simple and refreshing this is and the ability to adjust the recipe for the types of fruits which are fresh in your local area. Allow at least 4 hours for chilling before serving. From TOH Cookbook. I like changing out the cantaloupe with fresh pineapple and/or grapefruit slices (which sometimes means a bit of sugar added to balance the tartness), or I have added blueberries also just as a topping.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 small cantaloupe, cut into chunks
- 2 firm bananas, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice (100% orange juice)
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit.
- Pour the juice over the fruit and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours and then stir just before serving.
great fruit salad -- I added 2 kiwi and probably more grapes than indicated, but we enjoyed this for Christmas breakfast with coffee bread. Thanks for sharing!
Easy and delicious fruit salad. I used both red and green seedless grapes and otherwise followed the recipe.
Loved this!! So simple, healthy, fresh and delicious making this salad perfect in every way, also like that it is fat free. Made one minor addition of fresh blueberries as I had some that need using. You know I will be making this again and thank you so very much for the post.