Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 12 mins
Found in Family Circle magazine. What really drew my attention to this recipe was the fact it did not use sour cream and had very basic ingredients. This recipe makes 2 loaves of cake so is perfect if you want to eat one and freeze one for later or for gift giving.
- Heat oven to 325°F Coat TWO 9x5x3 inch loaf pans with non stick spray and dust lightly with flour (shake off excess); set aside.
- Stir together flour and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla; set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar together on medium high speed for 6 minutes or until very light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium and gradually pour in egg mixture then increase speed to medium high and beat 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add in flour mixture and beat until just blended.
- Hand stir in chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter between the two loaf pans and smooth tops.
- Bake at 325F for 1 hour 12 minutes or check after an hour and remove after pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 30 minutes then remove from pans and cool completely on the wire rack.
I tasted the batter and it needed more sweetness, so I added another cup of sugar and about 2 tablespoons water. I made this in a 12 cup bundt pan. Once it was done and I flipped the cake out of the pan, I melted 5 tablespoons butter and mixed in 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar. I poked a bunch of holes in the top with a toothpick and poured the butter and sugar mixture over the cake. I ate the next day and it was really yummy. Next time I may add brown sugar to the cake before I bake. Thanks for the recipe!!