1 hr 22 mins
1 hr 12 mins
Found in Family Circle magazine. What really drew my attention to this recipe was the fact it did not use sour cream and had very basic ingredients. This recipe makes 2 loaves of cake so is perfect if you want to eat one and freeze one for later or for gift giving.
My Private Note
loaf ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325°F Coat TWO 9x5x3 inch loaf pans with non stick spray and dust lightly with flour (shake off excess); set aside.
- 2Stir together flour and salt; set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, stir together eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla; set aside.
- 4Mix butter and sugar together on medium high speed for 6 minutes or until very light and fluffy.
- 5Reduce speed to medium and gradually pour in egg mixture then increase speed to medium high and beat 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 6Reduce speed to low and gradually add in flour mixture and beat until just blended.
- 7Hand stir in chocolate chips.
- 8Evenly divide batter between the two loaf pans and smooth tops.
- 9Bake at 325F for 1 hour 12 minutes or check after an hour and remove after pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pans on wire rack for 30 minutes then remove from pans and cool completely on the wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Basic Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.5
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.2 mg
- Sodium 64.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g