Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
Daughter called it "buttery goodness". For serving on pasta or veggies.
Make and share this Very Basic Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring (optional)
- Stir cornstarch into water with whisk and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Slowly whisk in water and bring to a low boil for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in butter flavoring and serve over hot pasta.
thank you, thank you, thank you. i have been looking for this basic butter sauce all over , now i have it and my family loves it