Recipe by Vino Girl
Basic salad dressing that you can easily customize with herbs, citrus juice, spices... From Cooking Light.
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine broth and cornstarch in a small saucepan, stirring with a whisk.
- Bring broth mixture to a boil over medium heat; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill.
- Stir before using.
- Dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.