Recipe by casemnor
This is an easy and versatile meal (not to mention low fat and full of good stuff!) This is a regular at our house, and we use whatever vegetables we happen to have laying around. I have also substituted low-fat cottage cheese for the sour cream and found that to be a nice change. I make this with no salt and season at the table, as everyone at my house has different sodium preferences. Adjust to suit your tastes.
- 5 medium potatoes, shredded
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 lb mushroom, cut roughly
- 1 tablespoon sodium-free seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x13 pan and preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl until well mixed.
- Turn into pan and bake for about 1 hr (or until browned and set up.) Let cool a bit before slicing.
- This recipes is completely versatile as you can adjust the vegetable portions and substitute whatever you may have in your fridge.
- I have added zucchinni, kale, cabbage and squash and adjusted the number of potatoes down to accommodate for this.
- I have also tried different seasoning combinations.