Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From today's Weekend magazine, Foodcourt column by Anjali Vellody in Dubai, UAE.
- 3⁄4 cup cornflour
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- ice water
- hot oil, to deep fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first three ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg with water.
- Make sure to use just enough water to form a smooth consistency.
- Add the flour mixture to this.
- Coat prawns, fruits or vegetables of your choice in this tempura batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Drain on clean kitchen paper towels/napkins.
- Serve hot!