- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- to taste mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, salt and mustard; stir in eggs.
- Gradually stir in vinegar and water until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, combine desired amount of base with an equal amount of mayonnaise. Serve as a dressing for potato salad, coleslaw or salad greens.
- Refrigerate leftovers.