1/6 Photos of Versatile Roast Beef in the Crock Pot
12 hrs 5 mins
A great versatile beef recipe that is sure to please- - perfect for entertaining & potlucks!! Just put the roast in the crock pot in the early morning with your favorite seasonings (see variations below), and by afternoon you will have delicious melt-in-your-mouth beef, ready for a traditional sit-down roast beef dinner, or your favorite sandwich! Leftovers are fabulous!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sliced onions into the bottom of the crock pot.
- 2Place trimmed meat into crock pot. Top with minced garlic, salt, pepper, and the green chilies (if using, see variations below).
- 3Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours (high 5 to 6 hours), or until meat is tender and flakes easily with a fork, and onions are golden and caramelized. Please note that cook times may vary with different crock pot models.
- 4Remove beef to a cutting board or pan. At this stage you may slice meat in the traditional fashion and serve with mashed potatoes, gravy and vegetables for a traditional sit-down roast beef dinner, -or- shred the meat for sandwiches (see below). Shred meat using two forks, then use a slotted spoon to scoop out caramelized onions (and chiles, if using) and stir into the shredded beef mixture.
- 5Reserve some of the stock for au jus dipping, if desired. The remaining stock makes a great gravy (thicken with a little flour or cornstarch), or soup base, or save for another use.
- 7Italian Sandwiches:.
- 8Use a 10 ounce jar of peperoncinis (undrained) and a 1-ounce packet Good Seasons Italian seasonings in place of the green chiles & seasonings; serve with a slice of provolone on French or Italian mini-rolls.
- 9Barbecue Beef Sandwiches:.
- 10Substitute about 2 cups barbecue sauce for the mild green chilies; serve on buttered mini-rolls.
- 11-Or- serve meat in tacos with all the trimmings, or use for Easy Cheesy Beef Enchiladas #276142, or Big Thick Buttery Roast Beef 'n Cheddar Sammies #283972 -- the possibilities are endless.
- 12Leftovers are awesome, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Versatile Roast Beef in the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.8 mg
- Sodium 314.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 30.2 g