1/3 Photos of Versatile Quinoa Pilaf
1 hr 5 mins
After many quinoa recipes that didn't really do it for me I think I've nailed it. This is by far the best quinoa recipe I've had. It's a combination of a few ideas and makes a yummy fluffy quinoa pilaf. Similar in texture to cous cous or rice. Tinned tomatoes can be used just make sure you have the 4 cups
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 190 celsius.
- 2Toast quinoa in pan until its dry and popping. Let it pop for a few minutes while keeping it moving in the pan. Pour into casserole dish with a lid.
- 3Puree the tomatoes, stock cubes and garlic in a food processor or blender until very smooth and creamy. You need exactely 4 cups of this mixture. If you don't have enough you can add a little water to make up the difference. Add this mixture to the quinoa.
- 4Sautee the onion until lightly browned and add to the casserole dish. Mix it very well, put the lid on and bake for approximately 45 mins to 1 hour until the tails of the quinoa are visible and the grain is translucent. Fluff with a fork.
- 5FOR Mexican quinoa; add 3 chopped jalapenos and 1 finely chopped green capsicum on top in the last 20 minutes Also add 1 tbsp of tomato paste to the puree in the blender. Plus 1/2-1 bunch of chopped cilantro mixed through once it's out of the oven.
- 6FOR SPICED QUINOA; Fry a couple of tbsps of your favourite curry paste with the onions and add 1 cup of frozen peas in the last few minutes of cooking as well as nuts such as cashews or sliced almonds and sultanas. Garnish with coriander.
- 7FOR MEDITERRANEAN: Add 2 stalks of finely chopped celery and saute with the onions. Add a dash of white wine. Add 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1 tsp of dried basil, 1 tsp of dried marjoram and 1 tsp of chili flakes and mix through before baking. Add 1/2-1 bunch of chopped parsley, 1/4 cup of fresh oregano and 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil and mix through once cooked.
- 8Optional: 1-2 cups of chopped mushrooms well fried.
- 10Pine nuts.
- 11Fried eggplant.
- 12Finely chopped red capsicum.
- 131 cup of frozen peas.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Versatile Quinoa Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: