Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and versatile non-mayo pasta salad, great for potlucks. Veggies can be varied according to your preference or availability.
- 1 (16 ounce) box rotini pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 medium onion
- 2 green peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Dice onion, peppers, and tomatoes and add to salad.
- Cut pepperonis into quarters and add to pasta mixture. Toss all with entire bottle of Italian dressing.
- Mix Italian seasoning into Parmesan cheese and fold into salad.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
- Serve cold.
Wow, this is good, and a very versatile recipe! I used recipe #413362 to make the Italian Salad Dressing (I highly recommend it!), only instead of using 16oz, I used 1 cup, or 8oz, which was perfect for me, as I prefer light dressing on my pasta salad. I used a red onion, 1/2 each of red, yellow, orange, and green peppers, mini grape tomatoes, and vegetarian salami. I was lucky enough to have shaved parmesan and pitted kalmatta olives in the fridge, and they just added a wonderful touch! Lucid, this is a wonderful, wonderful, recipe! Thanks for posting it! Made for PRMR Tag.
What a yummy salad. I made this exactly as written using fat-free dressing. I added just a touch of garlic powder, but I love garlic. Very easy to make and great taste. Thanks for this recipe, going into my lunches cookbook.
Oh yummy, yummy! During the summer time, I like to sit down on the back porch, prop my feet up, and just eat this pasta salad right out of the bowl it is made in. Versatile+++here. This is such a classic salad, a dish that never gets pushed to the back of the recipe box, because it is used so often. Darn it~the day I prepared this, I was out of Italian dressing! I wanted to make this anyway, so I mixed up 1 tablespoon of garlic infused olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon vinegar, minced fresh garlic, and the Italian seasonings. I threw what I had in the garden this week, green peppers, tomatoes, radish, onion and fresh peas. Topped off with salt and pepper a dash of Parmesan cheese and pepperonis! Utterly delightful lucid and thanks!