Recipe by Bergy
This was an "empty the fridge" recipe. It's versatile because depending who you are serving it to and how much time you have to cook it is totally adaptable. Sloppy Joe's or meat balls( 3 hours or 15 minutes). Also adapt the spiciness to suit your taste. I usually make them hotter than this. Have fun experiment, Nice with noodles and a salad
Top Review by najwa
This is a great recipe!! I made it for dinner today, served it over linguine .. I also added extra hot pepper flakes, but otherwise followed the recipe .. Next time I'll add veggies .. My husband loved it, thank you so much!
- 1 lb pork, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, chopped (fine herb)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry minced chives
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together;Pork, egg, soy, bread crumbs.
- Onion, mashed potato, milk Salt& pepper to taste& 1 tsp hot sauce.
- Mix together, use your hands and make meat balls about the size of large golf balls.
- Put oil in a hot skillet and brown the meat balls well turning to all sides 10 minutes.
- In a crock pot mix: tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, cottage cheese, chives, and cilantro.
- Heat sauce on high in the crock pot until hot, lower heat to medium.
- Transfer the meat balls to the crock pot.
- Put a little water in the fry pan to get all the brown bits and pour into the crock pot.
- Cover crock pot and cook on medium for 3 hours.
- ---------OR You can make Sloppy Joe's---------.
- Mix sauce and cook so the flavors meld.
- Mix all the meat ball ingredients together but don't make the meat balls just put all the meat mixture in a fry pan, stirring well to break up any lumps and cook until well done.
- When well cooked pour in the sauce mix well and serve on Sub rolls, toasted.