Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
While this is only mildly Tex-Mex for my Icelandic hubby's sake, it's easily "kicked up a notch" with chili powder or jalepeno to suit the more adventurous. It's so easy to fix & amazingly versatile ... works as a dip, filling for devilled eggs, salad, spread for crackers or in a tortilla wrap with lettuce & black olives. The ingredient quantities are just a suggested route to your favorite version & your only limit is your imagination.
- 1 large ripe avocado (mashed)
- 3 tablespoons chunky mild salsa
- 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese (shredded or grated)
- 3 tablespoons baby shrimp (diced)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (best, but lemon ok)
- seasoning salt
- Combine first 7 ingredients & add seasoning salt to taste.
- Refrigerate covered until use as desired.
I wasn't sure how well I would like this with the shrimp in it but was very pleased with the taste and texture. I even had some ask for the recipe after trying it. Congrats on the 2010 Conference title football win!
Very popular with our lunch guests. Took only moments to buzz it up in the food processor. Used the salt, lime juice and medium-strength salsa, and served with raw vegetables and cooked prawns.
This was really good. I was really unsure of how this combination of ingredients would turn out but was pleasantly surprised. It went very well together. I followed the recipe to the letter except left out the seasoning salt. Thanks twissis.