Recipe by twissis
While this is only mildly Tex-Mex for my Icelandic hubby's sake, it's easily "kicked up a notch" with chili powder or jalepeno to suit the more adventurous. It's so easy to fix & amazingly versatile ... works as a dip, filling for devilled eggs, salad, spread for crackers or in a tortilla wrap with lettuce & black olives. The ingredient quantities are just a suggested route to your favorite version & your only limit is your imagination.
Top Review by Sherrybeth
I wasn't sure how well I would like this with the shrimp in it but was very pleased with the taste and texture. I even had some ask for the recipe after trying it. Congrats on the 2010 Conference title football win!
- 1 large ripe avocado (mashed)
- 3 tablespoons chunky mild salsa
- 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese (shredded or grated)
- 3 tablespoons baby shrimp (diced)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (best, but lemon ok)
- seasoning salt