Recipe by Mustang Sally 54269
From Weight Watchers Favorite Recipes book. I finally found a broccoli recipe (without hollandaise sauce) that I enjoy. The original recipe was for the microwave, however, I prefer to cook in the oven so I've amended accordingly.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Some time ago, DH told me his two least favorite vegetables are broccoli and carrots. Since then, I have been on a mission to get him to eat his words. (Pun intended!) This was very good, the herbs and spices add great flavor. I used just a sprinkling of cheese on top. I also like the oven baking as it can cook alongside the entree in the oven. As for DH, he went back for seconds.
- 3 cups broccoli florets (or substitute 1/2 with cauliflower)
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 ounce cooked ham, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper (or to taste)
- 6 -8 ounces monterey jack cheese (or colby, cheddar, muenster)
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In 2 1/2 quart casserole dish, combine all ingredients except cheese, mixing well. Add water to casserole.
- Cover casserole and cook for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Add cheese evenly over vegetable mixture and cook uncovered for another 5 - 10 minutes, till cheese melts and vegetables are tender crisp.