This is Chef Rakesh Sethi's recipe from Mirch Masala. It looks very presentable. For vegetarians who want to try this, substitute eggs with 250 gms. cottage cheese(paneer), cut in cubes. The rest is just the same. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For tomato curry
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons tamarind pulp
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 cup water
- 1Heat oil in a pan.
- 2Add ginger-garlic paste and saute until the raw smell is gone.
- 3Add tomato puree, tamarind pulp, salt, red chilli powder, corriander powder, roasted cumin powder and water.
- 4Stir well.
- 5Allow it to cook on medium flame.
- 6Meanwhile, prepare the seasoning.
- 7For this, heat oil in a pan.
- 8Add methi, nigella, cumin and mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves.
- 9Allow the seeds to crackle and splutter.
- 10Once they stop doing that, transfer the seasoning into the curry.
- 11Mix well.
- 12Remove from flame.
- 13Now, pour the curry into a large flat serving tray.
- 14Keep aside.
- 15Boil 3-4 eggs in water for 8-10 minutes.
- 16Remove from flame.
- 17Allow to cool.
- 18Peel them and slice them in half.
- 19Place them on the sauce in the tray.
- 20Garnish each egg in the centre with a pinch of red chilli powder, cumin powder and corriander leaves.
- 21Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Versatile Egg And Tomato Ka Koot
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 662.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: