Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I don't really know what this classifies as, but it's easy, healthy and you can use it in lots of different ways - sandwich filling, wrap filling, spread, dip, sauce, side dish, stuffing...
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese (I like parmesan)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a pot, cover the sweet potato with water. Bring to a simmer then leave covered for 15-25 minutes, depending on its size: until it's cooked.
- Drain and put in a mixing bowl. Mash.
- In a small pan, heat the 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Add the spices and fry for about 3 minutes- just enough to release their flavour.
- Stir the oil mixture into the sweet potato.
- Mix the cheese and eggs into the sweet potato mixture. If necessary, use a mixer.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Heat the two teaspoons of olive oil in a large, deep pan (at least 10" wide).
- Pour mixture into pan. Even and flatten it out, then cover for five minutes.
- Stir the mixture around. Even it and flatten again - leave for another two minutes, covered.
- Now keep stirring until it reaches the consistency, texture and colour you desire.
- If you feel like fiddling around a bit,
- you could try baking this. I'm sure it would work but I have no idea how long and at what temperature :(.
- Also, in my first attempt, at step #9 I tried to do this frittata-style and slide it onto a plate, then flip it back into the pan. Did NOT work but you're welcome to try !