Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an simple, yet delicious cream sauce that can be used plain or with chicken or seafood. My teenage boys love it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 14 ounces stewed tomatoes, diced and well drained
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- good quality cheese, is essential for a good flavor
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Stir in minced garlic and diced, drained tomatoes.
- Add onion salt and basil.
- Stir in half and half.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- Heat slowly until cheese melts.
- At this point you can add any meat, seafood or veggies you have on hand.
- Serve over wide egg noodles.