Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce can be used as a fondue, as a dip for tortilla chips or vegetables or poured over grilled chicken and baked potatoes. Use your imagination! Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- In large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in sour cream, chilies and bouillon.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Add cheeses and pepper.
- Cook until bubbly and cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
this was a little mild for our tastes, but a good basic sauce. i added cumin and garlic to give it more body. the taste reminds me of the sauce on sour cream chicken enchildas (enchiladas suizas). it's a good sauce, but just wasn't worth the calories to me.
Delicious and easy! I needed something quick to serve with leftover shredded chicken. While the rice was cooking, my daughter helped me whip this up. The only change we made was to substitute milk for 1 cup of the cream to cut back a little on the fat. I thought that the flour, sour cream, and melted cheese would have enough thickening power and I was right. If you are going to serve this as a fondue, though, you'll probably want to stick with the cream. Then we served it on top of rice, shredded chicken, and topped with diced tomatoes and green onions. The flavor was great; this one is a keeper.