Recipe by Lainey6605
This sauce can be used as a fondue, as a dip for tortilla chips or vegetables or poured over grilled chicken and baked potatoes. Use your imagination! Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Top Review by gourmetmomma
this was a little mild for our tastes, but a good basic sauce. i added cumin and garlic to give it more body. the taste reminds me of the sauce on sour cream chicken enchildas (enchiladas suizas). it's a good sauce, but just wasn't worth the calories to me.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in sour cream, chilies and bouillon.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Add cheeses and pepper.
- Cook until bubbly and cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.