A delicious and versatile meal made with a blend of sweet and hot Italian sausage. A true family pleaser. Can easily be doubled for more servings. Serve over rice or as a sandwich. It would even be yummy over butter pasta, or add a marinara sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a large non-stick skillet with fat free cooking spray and heat pan on med-low setting. Add garlic and onion.
- 2Once onions are lightly browned, add chicken, 1/4°C chicken broth, both basil and oregano and increase heat to med-high. Cook chicken thoroughly, reduce heat, and cover.
- 3In a separate skillet, brown sausage. Once cooked, drain fat, remove from pan, and cut into bite sized pieces.
- 4Add sausage, peppers, and remaining broth to chicken and onions.
- 5Cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes. While occasionally stirring, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6This is great served straight from the pan over yellow rice, or even as a sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Versatile Chicken and Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1232.8
- Calories from Fat 751
- Total Fat 83.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 274.6 mg
- Sodium 3012.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 93.0 g