Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This chicken can be either fried or baked. I prefer baking it as it makes the recipe super easy. And good, of course!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Wonderful! I used four bone-in chicken breasts and let them soak all day. Used the oven method of cooking. Similar to fried chicken, but incredibly moist and juicy. The whole family enjoyed it, and I got to use up some buttermilk! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 -3 lbs chicken parts
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon leaves oregano
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the buttermilk, bouillon, and oregano in a bowl. Let set 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Put chicken in a large bowl and pour buttermilk mixture over the chicken. Let set 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Mix flour and paprika in a plastic bag. Add chicken, one or two pieces at a time, to coat.
- Place coated chicken in a 9x13 pan. Drizzle melted butter over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, or until golden brown.
- To fry chicken, omit the butter, and fry in oil until brown.