Recipe by Georgia Girl
Fondue is making a comeback, and I am so glad.Make a big mixed green salad, and you have a delicious simple meal to have with friends that is so much fun. This can also be served as a yummy soft cheese ball if shaped into a ball, and chilled for several hours or overnight.
- 1 lb grated swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup white rhineskellar wine
- 2 loaves crusty French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- About one hour before you want to serve the fondue mix all the ingredients, except the wine, in a saucepan.
- Stir and mix well on low heat until the cheeses have melted and everything is blended and heated thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the French bread into"two-bite" chunks.
- Right before serving, add the wine to the fondue, mix well and reheat on low until thoroughly warm.
- Place in a fondue pot or chafing dish, and serve with the chunks of French bread.