Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Company food in a pinch. You probably have most of these ingredients on hand.
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine cheeses, horseradish, worcestershire, and mustard.
- Shape into a ball.
- Roll in chopped nuts.
- Serve with crackers and fruit.
I love all of these ingredients separately but together... It was incredibly harsh/acrid to the taste buds.
I love cheese balls and this one is super easy! I do it in the food processor so it's fast. It makes a really great basic recipe that you can switch up to suit your taste. I like to use two different sharp cheeses like Emmenthaler or another Swiss variety...try also a blue variety with a white cheddar, it's endless possibility! If you do choose to roll in nuts, I recommend toasting the nuts first and use pecans, walnuts or almonds.
Quick, easy and tasty. I made this for a potluck party at work. I used cheddar cheese with bacon pieces in it for the flavor and I didn't have any prepared mustard so I used 1 tsp of dry mustard. I added some onion and garlic powder and chopped parsley. I let rest for 48 hours.