Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve as a garnish for meat dishes or as a warm dessert.
- 6 peaches
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup water
- mint jelly (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel, halve and seed the peaches.
- In a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the sugar, lemon juice, butter and water to boiling. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Place peaches in a casserole dish and pour syrup over peaches.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes or until the peaches are tender.
- Place a little of the mint jelly in the center of each half, if you like.
- Drain and serve.