Recipe by unmistakable1
This recipe is just as convenient as store-bought, and tastes great, too! My favorite part is the easy clean up -- 1 pot, 1 measuring cup, and 2 spoons. It is very versatile, as the chips can be changed out with semi-sweet, milk chocolate, peanut butter, etc. A variety of nuts could be added, as well. This is especially good with Sweetslady's Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle! I cool and cut these, then wrap each in plastic wrap; makes a great lunch box treat or on-the-go snack!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate and butter together in 3-qt saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (about 4-7 minutes). (If you're short on time, you can also do this in a large microwave safe bowl in the microwave; be careful not to burn the chocolate, though!).
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Spread into a lightly greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 33-38 minutes -- until brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- **Brownie Tips: Begin checking for doneness 5 minutes before minimum baking time. Mine are usually done by the 30 minute mark, but every oven is different.