Prep 10 mins
Cook 33 mins
This recipe is just as convenient as store-bought, and tastes great, too! My favorite part is the easy clean up -- 1 pot, 1 measuring cup, and 2 spoons. It is very versatile, as the chips can be changed out with semi-sweet, milk chocolate, peanut butter, etc. A variety of nuts could be added, as well. This is especially good with Sweetslady's Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle! I cool and cut these, then wrap each in plastic wrap; makes a great lunch box treat or on-the-go snack!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Melt chocolate and butter together in 3-qt saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (about 4-7 minutes). (If you're short on time, you can also do this in a large microwave safe bowl in the microwave; be careful not to burn the chocolate, though!).
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Spread into a lightly greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 33-38 minutes -- until brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- **Brownie Tips: Begin checking for doneness 5 minutes before minimum baking time. Mine are usually done by the 30 minute mark, but every oven is different.
If you like liquid, oil brownies, then these are the brownies for you!
Very delicious and super simple to make! The brownies turned out very, very moist. If you love soft brownies, then these are for you! I loved them so much, that I ate a second brownie! :D They were THAT good!!!
This recipe was soooo good, right after trying the brownies i threw everything, all my chores aside just to come racing to the computer to rate it!! DEFINITELY worth all of the 45 minutes it takes to prepare!! I think they taste better than most store bought brownies!! A++++! This time i put chopped pecans and maraschino cherries, the next time it will be cheesecake brownies followed by rocky road. followed by...