Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook. I'm trying to get some of the recipes up here before I have to return the book to the library. If anyone tries it, please let me know how you like it!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup finely packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon or 2 teaspoons chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In small saucepan, cook onion and garlic in margarine until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Use as a basting sauce for grilled beef, chicken or pork.
- In 1-qt. glass measure with handle, melt margarine on HIGH for 30-45 seconds.
- Add onion and garlic; cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook loosely covered on HIGH for 3-5 minutes or until mixture boils; stir.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM (50% power); cook covered 4-5 minutes to blend flavors.