1/1 Photo of Verrrry Berrrry Shortcake
Caroline Cooks's Note:
This is a quick and pretty dessert to make, and has always gotten lots of compliments. Makes a excellent finale for a spicy entree. Pound cake may be substituted for Angel Food Loaf. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, 1/4 cup orange juice and wine, heat over medium heat.
- 2When starting to bubble, immediately reduce heat to medium-low; add dried berries and raisins.
- 3Cook until fruit plumps, (about 10-12 minutes)stirring occasionally.
- 4Just before serving, add remaining orange juice; and thicken sauce by adding one half-one Buerre Manie: Beurre Manié- French Sauce Thickener, and stirring constantly, thickening to syrup-like mixture.
- 5If using food coloring, add and blend well. Add more orange juice if too thick. (Will thicken more as sauce cools)
- 6To serve, cut slices of loaf and place on individual plates.
- 7Spoon warm Verrry Berrry mixture over slices and top with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Verrrry Berrrry Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 383.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 6.0 g