Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my husband's favorite chili!! I have tried many recipes & always come back to this one. I use ground turkey instead of beef, to cut down on calories...but if I didn't tell you it was turkey in the recipe, you might think it was beef. This is another fool proof recipe.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 -3 celery ribs
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (14 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (26 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lawry's seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons browning sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons A.1. Original Sauce
- shredded monteray jack cheese to garnish chili
- sour cream to garnish chili
- may also garnish with shredded lettuce and chopped green onion
- Cook the celery, onion, green pepper and ground turkey in a pan until the vegetables are tender & turkey is cooked through.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- In a seperate soup kettle add all of the other ingredients.
- Add the meat mixture to the soup kettle.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve in bowls.
- Top the chilli with shredded cheese and a tsp of sour cream.
- You may also top the chili with some shredded lettuce and chopped green onions.