Recipe by French Tart
Mama mia! Limoncello syllabub with lemon sugar is a delicously light and airy dessert with an Italian tipple. It's the ideal easy no-cook dessert recipe to have up your sleeve should unexpected food loving guests turn up, or to impress a new date. Verrines are French, little appetisers or desserts served in shot glasses and they are very much in vogue at present! Limoncello is an Italian lemon liqueur best served straight from the freezer. Find it in off licences, Italian delis and some larger supermarkets. (Recipe from Delicious.)
- 125 g fresh raspberries
- 50 ml limoncello, plus extra
- 2 lemons, zest of, finely grated
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- 284 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt or 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- fresh lemon verbena leaf, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the raspberries between 10 shot glasses, topping each with a little of the extra limoncello.
- Grind the lemon zest with 3 tablespoons of the caster sugar in a mortar and pestle until fine.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream with 50ml limoncello until soft peaks form. Add half the zest mixture and the remaining sugar, then fold in with the yogurt or creme fraiche. Spoon the cream over the raspberries and sprinkle with remaining lemon sugar to serve. Garnish with fresh mint and lemon verbena leaves.