Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Went FONDUE Friday night and needed some sauces to dip the food in. Came across this incredible sauce on Fondue Factory. Great with the shrimp and fish.
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder (or you can substitute it with dry mustard)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chives or 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- salt, if desired
- Mix the wasabi powder and water until smooth.
- Add the sour cream and chives/green onions.
- Mix well.
- Taste and add salt if desired.
this was a really nice change from horseradish sauce, the wasabi gives it a kick! great dipping sauce for steak and boiled new potatoes
This was simple to put together and a nice alternative to the usual soy sauce and wasabi with our sushi. It was creamy and the intensity of the wasabi was easy to increase to suit our taste. I added a splash of rice wine vinegar and sesame oil to give it another layer of flavor! Will definitely be making this again!
Versatile and delicious. I served it with a steak and shrimp fondue...it was definitely a hit. We're going to try it on pan fried oysters and I'm sure it will be wonderful.