Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a smash at every party I bring them too. Been making these every christmas eve for over 8 years now. Never a mushroom left!!!
- 36 large mushroom caps
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2-1 cup ground Italian sausage (mild, medium or hot, if you can't find ground italian sausage, you can buy italian sausage in links)
- Cook your ground meat until completely done.
- Saute mushrooms in butter over high heat, about 3 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in your cooked ground meat- use at least 1/2 cup of the ground meat, if you want more, add some more (I usually like more meat in mine).
- Stuff each cap with a little of the meat& cheese mixture; arrange on a baking sheet.
- Place under a heated broiler until bubbling.
- Variations: Substitute the sausage meat with 1/4 cup chopped crab meat and 1/4 chopped cooked baby shrimp seasoned with a cajun spice or similar for a SEAFOOD STUFFED MUSHROOM (I liked the sausage meat better, but that's b/c I didn't season the seafood so it was bland)-OR- Use the cheese and meat mixture as a dip for crackers.
- Very good this way too.
These are really yummy. I've had the same recipe for a couple of years. Mine calls for chopped green onions. I can't stop eating them until they are gone.:) I use italian sausage. Try these they are good.
Everyone loved these, lots of ooh's and aah's.
I made these as an appetizer for Christmas dinner.They were so delicious and easy to make.Everyone loved them!Got many compliments.I will make these again that is for sure!!